The 8th World Conference on Sampling and Blending (WCSB8) will be held in Perth, Australia, on 9–11 May 2017, and follows on from previous very successful conferences held in Denmark (WCSB1), Australia (WCSB2), Brazil (WCSB3), South Africa (WCSB4), Chile (WCSB5), Lima (WCSB6) and France (WCSB7).
On this occasion WCSB8 will be combined with the Australian sampling conference normally held every two years. WCSB8 is being jointly organised by the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (The AusIMM) and CSIRO, and aims to bring together geologists, engineers, metallurgists, grade controllers, samplers, chemists, consultants and managers involved in all aspects of sampling and blending in the mineral, pharmaceutical, food, agricultural, biomass and recycling industries, including environmental monitoring.
The conference will provide great opportunities for networking, meeting respected international sampling experts, sharing ideas and catching up on the latest developments in sampling, sample preparation and blending of a wide range of different commodities.
Isobel Clark FAusIMM
Director and Principal Consultant, Geostokos Limited
Dr Kathy Ehrig MAusIMM
Principal Geometallurgist, BHP Billiton Olympic Dam, Australia
Kim H. Esbensen Ph.D. Dr (Hon)
Dr Claudia Paoletti
Deputy Head GMO Unity, European Food Safety Authority - EFSA, Italy
Dr Anita Parbhakar-Fox
MAusIMM Research Fellow in Geoenvironmental Studies, University of Tasmania
President, Francis Pitard Sampling Consultants, USA
Rodolfo J. Romañach
University of Puerto Rico
WCSB8 Participating Companies
View a list of companies already registered to attend WCSB8 here.
WCSB8 will feature:
- Three-day technical program
- Seven keynote presentations including five international speakers
- Trade exhibition
- Four conference workshops
- Sampling and Laboratory Tour
- Three networking functions
Why attend WCSB8 2017:
- WCSB8 is the leading industry event dedicated to providing practical advice and knowledge sharing to enhance operations across sampling and blending.
- WCSB8 will bring together all parties involved in sampling and blending in the mineral, pharmaceutical, food, feed, agricultural, biomass and recycling industries, including environmental monitoring.
- Engage in valuable discussions with the specialised operators who will be presenting real and recent case studies and valuable experiences.
- Network with industry providers during the trade show who are keen to share their knowledge with you.
- Challenge yourself and attend related professional development workshops to further your knowledge.